SLDM Preschool Expansion
Our current preschool program is one classroom which houses two different Pre-K classes on alternating days. The expanded preschool will continue to include two part-time Pre-K classes in addition to adding two 3 year old classes and one full-time Pre-K class.
To support the faith, vocation and sacramental life of young families by expanding the SLDM preschool program.
- Learning to love God
- Train children to live as Christians through their Catholic faith
- Combines Catholic faith and teachings with academics
- Partnership with parents in the faith formation of their children
- Moral development and self-discipline
- Participation in daily prayer
- Learning to serve others at a young age
- Foundation for future development
- Provides a strong base for lifelong learning and learning abilities, including cognitive and social development.
- Children taught at an early age usually benefit in the following ways:
- improved social skills
- less or no need for special education instruction during subsequent school years
- better grades
- enhanced attention spans
- Researchers have concluded that young children enrolled in preschool programs usually graduate from high school, attend college, have fewer behavioral problems, and do not become involved with crime in their adolescent and young adult years.
How can you help?
- Join us on February 22, 2020 for Mardi de Montfort and raise your paddle to donate to the SLDM preschool expansion.
- Visit the website www.mardidemontfort.org to donate to the SLDM preschool expansion and/or purchase a ticket for a teacher to attend the event.